- CONCRETE FIREBACKS FOR FIREPLACES
- FIRE CEMENT PUTTY
- FIREPLACE & STOVE CLEANERS
- FIREPROOF INSULATION BOARDS
- HIGH TEMPERATURE PAINTS
- HEAT RESISTANT RENDER & PLASTER SYSTEM
- HEAT RESISTANT TILE ADHESIVE & GROUT
- HIGH TEMPERATURE SEALANTS & ADHESIVES
- HEAT ACCUMULATION SYSTEM
- HOME FOUNDRY PROJECTS
- FORGES & HEAT TREATMENT FURNACES
- HERITAGE RAILWAYS & STEAM BOATS
- KILN LININGS
- INSULATING FIRE BRICKS
- REFRACTORY CASTABLES
- REFRACTORY MORTARS
- CERAMIC FIBRE BOARDS
- CERAMIC FIBRE PAPER
- CERAMIC FIBRE SEALING STRIP
- STOVE ROPE REPLACEMENT KITS
- HEAT RESISTANT ROPE SEAL ADHESIVES
- GLASS FIBRE LAGGING ROPES
- GLASS FIBRE MESH FABRICS
- HIGH TEMPERATURE TEXTILES
- HOSE & CABLE SLEEVING
- STOVE FIRE ROPES BLACK
- SQUARE GLASS FIBRE PACKING ROPE
- STOVE THERMAL TAPES
- BUILD YOUR OWN OUTDOOR OVEN
- WOOD FIRED OVEN ACCESSORIES
- FLUES & CHIMNEYS
- INSULATION MATERIALS FOR WOOD-FIRED OVEN
VITCAS Mouldable Firebrick 5kg
Mouldable Firebrick - Firebrick Replacement MaterialVitcas Mouldable Firebrick is a specially formulated blend of high quality refractory (heat resistant) aggregates and bonding clay, resulting in a product which can be moulded into any shape to replace ordinary fire brick.
Vitcas Mouldable Firebrick can be used to repair or replace part or complete fire bricks in any heating appliance e.g. fireplaces, stoves, boilers, open fires, wood burning stoves and light industrial kilns and incinerators.
- Ready mixed
- Easy to use
- Rated to 1600ºC
- Replaces ordinary firebrick
- Will bond to irregular surfaces
- Colour: Buff
It is rated to 1600ºC, adequate for all domestic applications.
Ensure all surfaces to which Vitcas Mouldable Firebrick is to adhere, are clean and free from any dust or grease. Invert tub and empty contents onto a clean surface. Take lumps of Vitcas Mouldable Firebrick and tamp into position using a mallet or hammer for maximum consolidation. Repeat until the contour of firebrick is achieved and no further consolidation can be obtained by further ramming.
A temporary support former (a piece of wood or hardboard) can be used during this operation to contain the Vitcas Mouldable Firebrick.
Excess material can be cut back using a knife, but do not smooth the surface or use a wet trowel.
Leave Vitcas Mouldable Fire brick to dry overnight, then use gentle heat for 8 to 10 hours to thoroughly dry the material, before raising to full heat. The appliance can then be put into normal use.
Write an online reviewand share your thoughts with other shoppers...