VIC-VERMICULITE INSULATING CEMENT
Vitcas Vermiculite Insulating Cement is a non-combustible, pre-mixed lightweight aggregate cement mix. Used for backing insulation and non-structural infill. Suitable for filling in gaps between firebacks and fireplaces, cast iron fireplaces and outdoor pizza ovens.More info
VITCAS Vermiculite Insulating Cement
Lightweight cement made with exfoliated vermiculite ultra-lightweight aggregate. This material is about 20% of the weight of normal cement mixes and 25 mm of this material is equivalent to 500mm of normal cement in insulation value.
- non-combustible for the purpose of building regulations
- ideal for any application where a low density, high insulation and non-combustible material is required.
- filling the gaps between firebacks and fireplaces
- sealing behind Victorian Type cast-iron fireplaces
- sealing gaps in outdoor pizza ovens
The material is NOT for use where abrasion resistance is required or for structural applications. As with all insulating materials it should also be protected from water ingress.
|Product Group||Mortars/ Cements/ Concrete|
|Mix with water||Yes|
We would recommend using Vitcas Fireplace Render for this application. The vermiculite insulating cement is better for infilling for example behind a fireback.