CH-LS-Central Heating LEAK SEALER
Vitcas® Central Heating Internal Leak Sealer 1Ltr Seals inaccessible leaks and weeping joints in central heating systems. Vitcas® Internal Leak Sealer is compatible with plastic tanks, micro bore and all metals including aluminium used in central heating systems.More info
Vitcas® Leak Sealer is an internal leak sealer that can help you avoid costly repairs. Use it for sealing small leaks and weeping joints in central heating systems. It will not block the pump, valves or air vents. A soft seal will form after 1-24 hours of entering the primary circuit. Leak Sealer is compatible with all other water treatment products.
Central heating systems should also be protected with Vitcas® Central Heating Inhibitor.
Leak Sealer should be added separately. Vitcas® Leak Sealer is only suitable for fully indirect systems. Not suitable for use with PRIMATIC single feed cylinders.
1 litre or 1 tube treats 100 litres. (approx. 10 standard radiators)
Application for the liquid.
AS A PREVENTATIVE MEASURE:
1. Locate the central heating feed and expansion tank.
2. Shake bottle and pour entire contents into tank.
3. Leak Sealer is gradually drawn into the primary circuit and provides full effect within 1-6 weeks.
AS AN EMERGENCY MEASURE:
1. Turn off boiler / pump.
2. Locate a convenient radiator that has a drain cock.
3. Close radiator valves and drain off 2 litres of system water.
4. Remove plug from top of radiator.
5. Shake bottle and funnel entire contents into top of radiator.
6. Replace plug, open valves and bleed radiator to expel trapped air.
7. Restart boiler / pump.
Application for the concentrate
The concentrate is added to a radiator using the supplied adaptor and a cartridge gun. Close both valves on the radiator and remove the bleed screw using a radiator vent key. Push and turn the adaptor clockwise into the opening to make a tight fit. If necessary, trim the end of the plastic adaptor with a craft knife. Open the cartridge by cutting off the domed end and connect the adaptor. Open one valve of the radiator and using a cartridge gun inject the whole contents of the cartridge into the radiator. Then close the valve again to remove the adaptor and replace the bleed screw. Finally open both of the radiator valves. After using this treatment the radiators should be bled to remove trapped air.
Leak Sealer stays in the system and there is no need to flush.
|Product Group||Plumbing / Building|