Share your thoughts with other customers
VITCAS Refractory Castable 1700 offers superior quality, performance, and longevity for all your high-temperature requirements. This powerful refractory material can tolerate extreme temperatures up to 1700°C (3090°F), perfect for lining barrels and an exceptional choice for various home foundry projects. The unique formulation guarantees resistance against abrasion, erosion, and chemical onslaughts, ensuring maximum durability.
- Exceptional Heat Resistance: Withstands temperatures as high as 1700°C (3090°F).
- Superior Durability: Resistant to abrasion, erosion, and chemical attack.
- Versatility: Ideal for various applications including furnace linings, kilns, and incinerators.
- Practical Packaging: Comes in a 25 kilo dry mix bucket for easy mixing and use.
- Easy to Handle: Mix with water to achieve a workable consistency.
- Furnace linings: This refractory castable is ideal for lining the insides of furnaces. It's able to withstand the high temperatures generated in a furnace, providing insulation and protecting the furnace's structure.
- Incinerators: The high-temperature resistance and chemical attack resistance make it perfect for lining incinerators where waste is burnt at high temperatures.
- Home foundry projects: For hobbyists who engage in home foundry projects, such as melting metals or glass, this product offers a convenient and effective solution for creating crucibles, moulds, or linings for their equipment.
- Cast iron work: The castable refractory has high structural strength making it an ideal material for cast iron work where high temperature resistance and durability are needed.
Instructions for Use:
- Prepare the area where the refractory castable will be applied. Ensure it is clean and dry.
- Pour the dry refractory mix into a clean, dry mixing container.
- Gradually add approximately 2 litres of water for each 25 kilo bucket of refractory castable.
- Mix thoroughly to create a smooth, workable consistency. Avoid making it too runny or too thick.
- Apply the mixture immediately using a trowel, or shuttering/former such as a plastic pipe, shaping it as per your project's requirements.
- Allow the applied mixture to air dry completely. This typically takes 24-48 hours, depending on the thickness and ambient conditions.
- Once dried, carefully remove any shuttering or formwork, if used.
|Product Group||Refractory Products|
|Drying Time||12h / +20°C (+68°F)|
|Mix with water||Yes|
|Water addition||2 L / 25kg|
|HS Tariff Code||3816009000|