Share your thoughts with other customers
HT - High Temperature Plasterboard
VITCAS High Temperature Plasterboard is a non-combustible fireproof board which does not contain any gypsum. Can be used with Vitcas Heat Resistant Plaster in areas where Vitcas Fireplace Render cannot be applied. Non-flammable rating A1 in accordance with EN 13501-1:2002. Fire and water-resistant, mould and mildew resistant.
High Temperature Plasterboard is a decorative fireproof board which is not based on gypsum plaster. Vitcas HT Plasterboard is used where ordinary gypsum boards or other fire rated boards are not appropriate and can be used with Vitcas Heat Resistant Plaster.
- Non-flammable rating A1 non-combustible in accordance with EN 13501-1:2002
- Fire resistant
- Mould and mildew resistant
- Environmentally friendly
- Size: 1200x800x12mm
- Onto a brick or block wall
- Fire rated wall and ceiling board
- Around a boiler
- Tile backing (‘tile backer’ board)
- Inside fire doors
- Fire Barrier on Thatched Roofs
- For painting the plasterboards should be fixed with the smooth front face showing.
- For skimming with Vitcas Heat Resistant Plaster or for tiling; the boards should be fixed with the rough reverse face showing.
- High Temp Plasterboard can be cut and drilled with conventional woodworking tools.
- They should be installed with either screws, insulation fixings, Vitcas BA board adhesive or Vitcas HB60 dot and dab.
- Screws should be at 300mm centres and 15mm from the edge of the board. Screws should be countersunk type, number 6 or number 8 and 35 – 40mm (1.5”) long.
- Insulation fixings are pushed into a pre-drilled hole of 8mm diameter. Vitcas Board Adhesive can be used to fix to a smooth masonry surface using approx 3mm thickness or HB60 dot and dab can be used on more uneven surfaces.
Note: For applications where a supporting framework of wood or metal would be required with High Temperature Plasterboards we recommend the use of Vitcas Construction Board without a supporting frame.
For some types of cassette stoves / inset stoves with an exposed metal surround (‘edge kit’) it is recommended to use Vitcas Render and Plaster system or Vitcas Construction Boards.
There are three options for finishing these boards:
- VITCAS High Temperature Plasterboard, Heat Resistant Filler & Paint
Vitcas Heat Resistant Filler should be used on the joints which can be sanded when dry and the boards can then be painted with an emulsion paint.
- VITCAS High Temperature Plasterboard & Heat Resistant Plaster
For plastering the boards with Vitcas Heat Resistant Plaster should be fixed with the rough reverse face showing. The joints should be filled with Vitcas Heat Resistant Filler and taped with Vitcas Heat Resistant Scrim Tape before plastering. It is important that the boards are dry before starting to plaster and any moisture from dot and dab adhesive for example has dried out. The surface of the board should be sealed with neat PVA before starting to plaster when the PVA becomes tacky.
Detailed instructions for using heat resistant plaster can be found here:
After drying the plaster can be painted with an emulsion paint.
- VITCAS High Temperature Plasterboard & Heat Resistant Tile Adhesive
For tiling the fire resistant plasterboard should be sealed with VITCAS PVA before starting to apply Vitcas Heat Resistant Tile Adhesive when the PVA becomes tacky.
To avoid damage do not stack the high temperature plaster boards on their edge. If storing outside it is recommended to cover pallets with a protective sheet against the elements. Always carry the boards on their edge (vertically) never horizontally. Store flat in a cool, dry place above 5 ºC.
|Size||1200 x 800 x 12mm|
|HS Tariff Code||6806900000|