Share your thoughts with other customers
Fire Clay Bricks are specially engineered bricks, devised to withstand high temperatures up to 1300°C (2400°F). These bricks, of dimensions 230 x 114 x 64mm (9" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2"), have been meticulously designed for use in a wide range of residential and commercial applications. With each firebrick weighing approximately 3.5 kilos, their density (2200 kg/m³) along with minimum alumina content of 40%, ensures these bricks remain slow to heat up and cool down - a property that aids in effective heat retention. A thermal conductivity approximating 0.9 wmk and a compressive load capacity of 39 MPa further fortifies their usage in extreme conditions.
- High Heat Rating: Each brick can withstand temperatures up to 1300°C (2400°F), ideal for high heat applications.
- Dense Material: Fire bricks are dense and slow to heat up and cool down, allowing them to effectively hold heat.
- Alumina Content: Boasting a minimum alumina content of 40%, these bricks offer superior performance in high temperature environments.
- Compressive Load: With a compressive load of 39 MPa, these bricks are built to resist intense pressures.
- Size and Weight: Each brick measures 230 x 114 x 64mm (9" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2 ") and weighs about 3.5 kilos.
Fire Clay Bricks can be used in domestic and commercial installations such as:
- Wood-fired Pizza Ovens, Bread Ovens, Fireplaces, Stoves, Barbecue, Grills, Fire pits, Furnaces, Heating Circulators, Inserts, Boilers etc.
- Vitcas Heatproof Mortar for 3 - 5mm joints in bricks
- For external applications, use Vitcas Outdoor Oven Cement for 5 – 10mm joints
- Vitcas Heatproof Screed for gap-filling above 10mm is recommended
If you are unsure of the quantity required, the Vitcas Quantity Calculator can be a useful tool to ascertain your needs.
Manufacturing Tolerance and Variations:
Please note that due to the inherent manufacturing process, there may be slight tolerances +/-3mm in the size of the bricks. Similarly, subtle colour variations may occur between bricks, which does not affect the product's performance. It is also normal to find small chips on the bricks; this is not a product fault but rather a characteristic of the fire clay brick. These can be easily covered by Mortar or Cement, if required.
|Product Group||Fire Bricks|
|Size||230 x 114 x 64mm|
|HS Tariff Code||6902209100|
Ratings & Reviews
- Brick & Concrete Cutting Diamond DiscSpecial Price £5.99 £4.99 Regular Price £8.39
- VITCAS Fire bricks 230x114x76mmSpecial Price £3.00 £2.50 Regular Price £4.79
- VITCAS Arch Fire bricksSpecial Price £3.00 £2.50 Regular Price £6.00
- VITCAS Wood Fired Bread/ Pizza OvenSpecial Price £1,194.00 £995.00 Regular Price £2,400.00