VITCAS-Rapidcas-Rapid Set Cement
Vitcas Rapidcas cement is a rapid setting material (30 minutes, depending on ambient temperature and conditions). Easy mixing, just required to add water. Fills up to 25mm in one application only.More info
RAPIDCAS CEMENT is a specially formulated rapid setting cement based compound which when mixed with water sets in about 30 minutes. Easy and quick in its preparation and application. Suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Internal and external use for repairs to cracks in walls and floors.
- Repairing flags, slabs, stones and bricks.
- Patching steps and window sills.
- Pointing brick and stone.
- Jointing earthenware pipes and drains.
- Repairs to ponds and pools.
- Setting in W/C’s and sinks.
- Leak sealing in concrete based surfaces.
- Setting railings and posts.
· This product should not be used for load bearing applications.
· Do not use where acid resistance is required. Use ACIDCAS cement, patch or concrete.
· After using on fishponds, seal the surface with a waterproof sealer before restocking the fish.
Before applying, ensure surfaces are clean, sound and free from dust, crumbly material or any contaminants, which may affect adhesion.
· Thoroughly wet surfaces to improve adhesion.
· Always use a clean mixing vessel and add approx. 3 parts by volume powder to one part by volume clean cold water and mix immediately to a smooth, reasonably thick slump free paste. The mixed cement will remain workable for 5-10 minutes only. MIX NO MORE CEMENT THAN CAN BE USED IN 5 MINUTES
· Push the cement into the repair with a trowel or filling knife.
· Once the product begins to stiffen, throw away the residue. DO NOT ADD FURTHER WATER TO THE MIX. THIS WILL DESTROY STRENGTH.
· In warm conditions, cover RAPIDCAS with polythene to assist cure.
· Clean tools etc with warm water before RAPIDCAS dries.
Storage and Shelf Life:
Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C. Storage outside these parameters will significantly reduce shelf life. The shelf life is 12 months in original unopened tub. This will reduce significantly once opened.
|Product Group||Mortars/ Cements/ Concrete|
|Drying Time||48h / +20°C (+68°F)|
|Working Time / minutes||10|
|Mix with water||Yes|