Share your thoughts with other customers
IS- Intumescent Acoustic Sealant - Fire Resistant Mastic
VITCAS Intumescent Acoustic Sealant Mastic. The sealant provides a 4 hour fire barrier by swelling up in the event of a fire. The sealant also has excellent sound damping properties which is ideal for use in door frames and window sills.
Intumescent mastics - Acoustic sealant
VITCAS Intumescent Acoustic Sealant Mastic. Halogen free acrylic sealant that provides a 4 hour fire barrier combined with excellent sound damping properties. Ideal for sealing uneven gaps around pipe work, door frames, window sills as well as for sealing fire protection boards and partitioning where fire rating is required. Not suitable for permanent water immersion.
Sealing joints with Vitcas acoustic mastic
Vitcas acoustic Mastic is a one part intumescent acrylic mastic for sealing gaps around fire doors, window frames and for sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire rated structures.
Fire and smoke can easily permeate through small cracks or gaps, resulting in extensive destruction of structures. An intumescent sealant can be used for sealing joints and provides increased fire resistance (acting like passive fire protection) by slowing down the burning process and not allowing smoke to spread.
Key characteristics of intumescent sealants from Vitcas:
- 4 hour fire rating
- Excellent adhesion
- Complies to BS EN 1366 Part 4 which supersedes BS476 Part 20 for fire protection
- BS EN ISO 140-3:1995 for acoustics (excellent sound damping properties).
Uses- Sealing gaps and many more
- fire barrier & sound damping in door frames,
- window sills,
- and pipework;
- sealing fireboards, flexible walls and rigid walls.
|Coverage of cartridge|
Coverage: A guide to the amount of the material contained in one 310ml cartridge
|Drying Time||24h / +20°C (+68°F)|
|HS Tariff Code||3816009000|
Ratings & Reviews
- HT - High Temperature PlasterboardSpecial Price £35.99 £29.99 Regular Price £47.99
- Polyurethane PU Coated Fiberglass ClothSpecial Price £8.40 £7.00 Regular Price £12.00
- Fibre Glass SleevingAs low as £2.40 £2.00 Regular Price £3.60
- Silicone Rubber Coated SleevingAs low as £6.00 £5.00 Regular Price £18.00
- Aluminium Foil / E-Glass Fiberglass ClothAs low as £7.20 £6.00 Regular Price £12.00