Share your thoughts with other customers
Black Fire Cement, a highly dependable and versatile heat-resistant solution. Specially designed as a fine, putty-like substance, this superior grade fire cement is not only temperature resistant but also promises reliability up to a remarkable 1250°C/ 2280°F. The product's primary purpose is to deliver excellent performance in repairing and sealing elements in high heat environments such as fire bricks, stoves, fireplaces, and flue pipes.
- Exceptional Heat Resistance: VITCAS Black Fire Cement offers unrivalled resistance to high temperatures, withstanding up to 1250°C/ 2280°F. This ensures longevity and reliability in demanding applications.
- Multipurpose Application: Ideal for various uses, from sealing and jointing internal flue pipes, repairing small cracks in firebricks and firebacks to seals and minor repairs on fireplaces, gas cookers, stoves, ranges, central heating systems and boilers.
- Easy Application: Black Fire Cement can be easily applied straight from the tub. Fine joints can be made with ease using a trowel, knife, or even by hand.
- Dependable Performance: Once applied, the cement should be dried with heat, gradually raising the temperature to ensure optimum performance. The material is specially designed to withstand the subsequent intense heat.
- Safe Storage: Store unused material in a cool, dry place, away from children and pets for safety.
Instructions for Use:
- Preparation: For optimum adhesion, ensure the area is thoroughly clean by removing all dirt, dust, and rust.
- Application: Apply the Black Fire Cement straight from the tub. Use a trowel, knife, or your hand and work well into the area, ensuring you cover all necessary spots. For fine joints, apply meticulously.
- Heating: Dry the repaired surfaces as soon as possible, gradually raising the heat to full operating temperature over a span of 3-4 hours. If fine cracks appear, apply further cement.
- Storage: Store any unused Black Fire Cement in a cool, dry place, away from children and pets. In case of accidental contact with skin or eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
The above instructions serve as a guide and should not be considered a substitute for professional skills, training, and qualifications. In addition to these guidelines, the local building regulations, the appliance manufacturer's recommendations, and general health & safety considerations may be applicable.
Vitcas guarantees the quality of our products, but we have no control over their application. Therefore, if any doubt arises, we advise customers to conduct their trials before commencing work.
Limitations & Recommendations:
- The Black Fire Cement should not be used in prolonged contact with water. For external applications, we recommend using our Heatproof Screed or Outdoor Oven Cement.
- It is not recommended to be used as a mortar; for that, we suggest our Vitcas Heatproof Mortar.
- Do not use the cement as a render. Instead, use our Vitcas Fireplace Render for optimal results.
|Product Group||Fire Cement|
|Ready to Use||Yes|
|Drying Time||12h / +20°C (+68°F)|
|HS Tariff Code||3816000000|
Ratings & Reviews
- CFC - Chimney & Flue CleanerSpecial Price £9.59 £7.99 Regular Price £15.59
- FR - Fireplace RenderAs low as £23.99 £19.99 Regular Price £35.99
- HPM - Heatproof MortarSpecial Price £23.99 £19.99 Regular Price £35.99
- Vermiculite Fire Board Fire-proof InsulationAs low as £35.99 £29.99 Regular Price £71.98