General Product Q&A
Items 1-10 of 16
- Do you sell flues? We sell a flue for a wood fired pizza oven. We do not sell any twinned wall flues.
- What do you recommend for cutting Vitcas Fire bricks? We would recommend using a diamond disc cutter to cut Vitcas Firebricks. https://shop.vitcas.com/brick-concrete-cutting-diamond-disc.html
- What can be used to cast replacement firebricks? Vitcas Heatproof Screed should be used to cast replacement firebricks.
- Can I plaster a Vitcas Vermiculite Board? Vitcas Vermiculite Board is not suitable to be plastered. For decoration this board can be painted with Vitcas Heat Resistant Paint or alternatively it can be tiled with Vitcas Heat Resistant Tile Adhesive.
- How do I decorate a Vitcas High Temperature Plasterboard? Vitcas High Temperature Plasterboard can be directly painted with emulsion paint on its smooth side. Alternatively, Vitcas Heat Resistant Plaster can be applied to the rough side of the board. This can then also be painted with emulsion paint.
- What material should I use to fix brick slips? Vitcas Heatproof Mortar should be used to fix brick slips.
- What should I use on the joints of Vitcas Vermiculite Board? Vitcas Heat Resistant Sealant should be used on the joints of Vitcas Vermiculite Boards. This can be sanded and painted when dry.
- What should be used on the joints of a High Temperature Plasterboard? Vitcas Heat Resistant Filler should be used on the joints of Vitcas High Temperature Plasterboard. This can be sanded and painted when dry.
- What should be used on the joints of a Fireplace Construction Board? Vitcas Heat Resistant Board Adhesive should be used on the joints of Vitcas Fireplace Construction Board. The edges of the board also need to harden using Vitcas Board Primer wherever they meet each other.
- What materials can be painted with Vitcas Heat Resistant Paint? Bare metal and Vitcas Vermiculite Boards can be painted with Vitcas Heat Resistant Paint. It will not adhere to other materials.